Saturday, April 4, 2009

Different Versions of My Name

My grandma, who named me, would have never thought of my name to have different versions of spelling when she named me. Yeah...it does.... My friends, a part from my mizo-mates, who call me ‘Hruaii’ do not always bother to know the right spelling and they often have slightly different versions of their own. I actually like them as they are, ‘cause they are dearly written as it is heard. Each has different value. Here are some of which I could remember:

Versions - Persons (who write)

Choi - Moa

Hrauii - Anupriya

Rhuaii - Atale, Avene & Avalu

Shrauii - Rupa Kuamri Devi

Shrayii - Grace &wanda

Shres - Ricky

Sluali - Fanci Dora

Soi/Tsoi - Chitananda

Valnal - Nana & Aien
(for vanlal)

Out of nowhere, one of my lecturers calls me ‘PUII’. I don’t really know what makes her call me by that name; I don’t bother to know it either as long as she favours so.

8 comments:

  1. hming i lo ngah hlee mai thriani. hnam dang i kawm hnem poh leh hming i ngah zel ani my lom,,lollzzz. CHOI tih hi a hit k ti ber!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shrayii sounds cute! lolzzz.

    My non Mizo friends call my friend Mahruaia as Marsh. And my cousin, also Vanlalhruaii, her non Mizo friends call her Mash.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Hruaiz" tih kha I la telh lo anih khi ex-roomie :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. u`ve got a cool name!! hey, it happened to me too... ma non-mizo frens called me as Da-wang-ga or Dong-ga= which means "thief" in telugu. i just hate it........!

    btw hei hriat loh kar in blog i lo nei ve ker a..lolz

    ReplyDelete
  5. haha...nia hming ka nei nalh hlom khop mai, hei tunah mai poh khan ka thiannu 1 chuan 'Mathrai' min ron ti leh toh..haha.. chhelo thei chiang a lawm

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dat was hilarious...who called u 'Puii'?

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love calling you "imahruai"..but i think you shud go with "just hruaiz"

    most of all i miss annoying you..i miss banging on your door in the middle of the night..

    ReplyDelete